A Lettings Manager will likely have a solid, strong lettings track-record, usually built while in a Lettings Negotiator role. You will be managing a Lettings team that can largely vary in size depending on your company. Your daily routine will tend to include:
- Creating a strategic business plan,
- supervising weekly lettings meetings,
- canvassing key landlords/properties,
- analysing the team’s monthly statistics
- occasionally liaising with colleagues based in other offices.
As a Lettings Manager, you will be responsible for
- setting targets and objectives,
- monitoring progress,
- reviewing staff performance
- completing staff appraisals/salary reviews.
- Working closely within the team and with the Company Director to increase the business
- Liaising with tenants, identifying their needs and arranging property viewings
- Conducting viewings, obtaining feedback and updating the landlord
- Negotiating offers and agreeing new tenancies
- Identifying opportunities to generate new business (instructions)
- Offering an efficient, proactive and high level of customer service to the clients
- Actively working to increase the number of managed properties on the portfolio
- Assisting with queries, tenancy issues and enquiries coming into the business
A basic Lettings Manager salary is around £25K+ and it is usually combined with a generous commission structure and opportunities for long term progression within the company.
The Job Requirements of a Lettings Manager position generally are:
- Several years experience within lettings, a proven track record of winning business and a thorough knowledge of all aspects of the lettings process.
- A proven track record of achieving targets (instructions and banking)
- Must have local market knowledge/experience
- Well presented, calm, professional, focused and mature attitude
- Clean driving licence and own car
- Excellent communication and rapport building skills
- Self-motivated and ambitious
This is an exciting and demanding role and one which is incredibly rewarding with a potential OTE of up to £80,000.
Now that you know you have some clear ideas about what is a Lettings Manager salary and job description, don’t waste any time, check all lettings manager jobs in our sales negotiator job board: you can decide whether you prefer to view all existing lettings manager jobs or you can specify if you prefer them within
- Commercial Property,
- Residential Property,
- Land purchase and Development,
- Mortgage Advice,
- Housing Solicitor,
- New Homes Sales Negotiator jobs
Go back to check the other Property Jobs Roles and Sectors >